Episode 47: The Trap of Overgiving
Do you ever feel like you’re putting everyone else first to the point of exhaustion and even resentment? Most of us have done this, which is why today I’m focusing on the ways that we tend to over-give without even realizing it.
In this episode, I reveal strategies for becoming aware of, and overcoming, these harmful tendencies that can leave you completely depleted in all areas of your life.
If you enjoy this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about it and your biggest takeaway.
Take a screenshot of you listening on your device, post it to your Instagram Stories and tag me @rachelkhudson.
I also want to invite you to help contribute to this podcast by submitting a question for the Listener Question of the Week.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The difference between giving and over-giving
- Why empaths feel the need to give more than what is asked of us
- What it feels like in your body when you’re overgiving
- Over-giving red flags
- What it led to in my life to over-give
- 5 examples of over-giving
- How to give to yourself first
- How to give in a way that makes you feel amazing
- 4 strategies you can use to stop over-giving
Sign up for my Free Coaching Library
Connect with me on Instagram
Join my Empath Insights Facebook Group