Are you an overgiver?Apr 20, 2022
Empaths often get overwhelmed because we have a tendency to OVERGIVE.
So I thought I'd leave you with a bit of encouragement today.
If you could give ONE piece of encouragement for all to hear, what would it be?
✨ Here's mine: small acts of service are more natural than overgiving.
- Giving from your heart creates radiance around you.
- Overgiving is exhausting. You'll feel it in your body
- Small acts of service will leave you feeling like there's a spark of light that went off inside you.
How do you know that you're *NOT* overgiving?
- It feels natural.
- There's not any drama associated with your action.
- Your body signals and energy level will tell you that you've given just the right amount.
Small acts of service can look like this:
- Holding the door open for someone even when you're in a hurry.
- Smiling at a stranger.
- Give your friend or partner a compliment.
Your action step:
Get out your journal and start writing. Answer these questions...
- What does overgiving feel like in my body?
- What happens when I overgive?
- What small act of service can I do today that will leave me feeling light?