Self Care for Sensitive PeopleDec 19, 2019
Self-Care for Sensitive People
Many of us love the holidays and look forward to spending time with loved ones, watching movies, and making your favorite meal. This time of year can also be very stressful and especially challenging for empaths and highly sensitive people. We tend to absorb the stressful energy of others.
Here are my 5 Self Care Tips for Empaths - The Holiday Edition
1. Enjoy the lightness of the Holiday Cheer. Use your senses to make the most of the holiday season. The smell of cinnamon, the sight of the beautiful decorations, and the sound of music that makes the season so special.
2. Overwhelmed by Crowds? This is a great time to look at your options here. You might find a time that is less crowded or you can be mindful not to go into crowded situations unless you feel centered and ready. Online shopping is one of my favorites.
3. Stillness - Excessive noise and activity can be overstimulating. Plan still, nonverbal times to allow yourself to recover from noise and information overload.
4. Empathy as medicine - Emotions run high this time of year. Remember that when people are hurt, they can become unkind. Look at the situation with your heart.
5. Cozy up to your animal friends. My favorite. Notice how your animal friend knows exactly what you need. Allow yourself to spend quiet quality time with your animal friends. Their devotion and unconditional love can melt away stress and overwhelm.